Saturday, April 21, 2012

design trend

PORTRAITS!

A few weeks ago I shared a recent trip to the Second Bank, one of my favorite portrait galleries.  I have a love of early American portraiture, but I can appreciate a good portrait from any era--and an exquisitely framed one can transform a space.  Here's a few design images I've been collecting on Pinterest.

source
source
source

source

Below is a pair of portraits in Peale-style frames!  (gilded panel oval openings in rectangular frames)

source

And below are a few that incorporate formal portraits in a collage wall grouping.

source



source

source

And finally, here's a wall that has appeared in a previous post, but I couldn't resist posting it a second time.  I love the mix of art and frame styles.

source
I think I must love dark gray walls--my pins have spoken!  But also I am seeing a lot of all white living spaces creeping in to my boards.  Whatever the wall color, I think they all look more inviting with some friendly faces peeking out.

See past Design Trend posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment