Tuesday, July 16, 2013

this week / last week


This week:

The shop will be CLOSED on WEDNESDAY, JULY 17th for a Fatale Family Adventure.  Sorry for any inconvenience.  We will reopen with regular hours on Thurs, July 18.

Frame Fatale is nominated on the 2013 Philly Hot List for Best Custom Framing!  You may recall it is always a tight race and I have come in a respectable 2nd for the last two years.  I totally need your votes, folks.  Maybe 2013 is my year?  You can vote by clicking the big button below or the littler one over on the sidebar.

Last week:

The week before last was the busiest week of taking orders in the shop's history (Thanks, guys!)!  So last week was a very busy week making frames.  Here's a roundup of some highlights:

A great use of Jonathan Adler's platinum seahorse moulding:


Two prints from Kris Chau's Sweet Anatomy series, both framed in one of my favorite distressed Bolshoi frames.

Garden & Forest prints in gorgeous textured veneer.


This one below is a unique project where the art is acrylic on paper.  Client's vision was to have it hovering in a floating frame with some space around it.  No problem!  We chose a gorgeous watergilded floating frame and a generous 3/4" channel around the art.  *Note:  This art had a story so moving, I welled up as the client explained.  It is about a painter and a cellist forever intertwined and with my client peripherally in the mix.  I will gladly retell to anyone who brings me iced coffee in this insane Philadelphia heat ;)  


 And this stunning piece below is a client's souvenir from a trip to Amsterdam!  It is an antique engraving that we chose to honor in an ornate frame with a fillet!  True to style, we chose a fillet of a different color and family from the frame moulding for a design specific to this art.  Love!



*If you have artist info on any art I did not credit, please contact me so I can update.

No comments:

Post a Comment