Wednesday, March 26, 2014

long time no blog


Hello again,

I am pleased to report that we are very busy here at the shop! February, despite being short and snowy, was OUR BUSIEST MONTH EVER! Thank you so much to the legions of framing clients who brought in their special treasures. I will post a few quicksnaps of some recent projects below.

Death Dealer

Giant Warhol Einstein in baroque frame w/fillet

Receipt from first date adventure w/fillet

floral canvas by Ryan Beck (an auction artist!--see below) in floating frame

Cerberus pastel w/glitter eyes w/drop-bottom mat

comics mounted w/adhesive-free technique

King of Jeans print by Hawk Krall (another auction artist!) in baroque lacquer

Ski pins box


And another reason for the crickets over here on the blog is because I somehow found myself in the position of art-wrangler for the Passyunk Square Civic Association Art Auction and Sale. Passyunk Square is the neighborhood I am proud to call home, and the President of the Civic Association evidently knows voodoo because she came in my shop, looked me in the eyes and said my name a lot, then after she left I realized I'd just agreed to months of volunteer work! 

But it turned out to be an awesome experience because we decided to only include South Philly artists--and there is a TON of amazing talent here! I received submissions from Zoe Strauss, Adam Wallacavage, Jim Houser, Joe Boruchow, David Guinn, Jim & Kate Mundie, and the list goes on and on! I am not prone to hyperbole, but this is the greatest collection of living artists ever assembled! This neighborhood is the best in the WORLD! Especially for art.

So the auction is THIS FRIDAY and will be hosted by local artist and radio personality Butch Cordora! From 7 - 10pm at Annunciation BVM @ 10th & Dickinson. Tickets are $10 adv/$15 door, but I must warn you we are pretty close to selling out right now. The online box office officially closes at noon on Friday, but we will close it sooner if we reach capacity. Hope to see you there!











No comments:

Post a Comment