We are pleased to participate in the new Passyunk Passeggiata--a Wednesday Night neighborhood social event featuring a farmer's market, live music & dining al fresco, happy hour specials, and extended hours for boutique shopping. And please take a moment to behold this wonderful graphic for the event.
From the official visiteastpassyunk website:
Throughout the summer in Italy, residents of small towns enjoy after-work strolls during the evening hours, visiting friends and neighbors, stopping by their favorite restaurants, and spending time in local shops.
To bring those Italian summer evenings to South Philadelphia, East Passyunk Avenue is launching a new late-night shopping and dining event called Passyunk Passeggiata on Wednesday, May 27.
Every Wednesday from Memorial Day until Labor Day, enjoy the Singing Fountain Farmers’ Market brought to us by Farm to City from 3-7pm, along with live music and extended boutique hours, seasonal menu specials and al fresco outdoor dining from our neighborhood restaurants. Participating bars and restaurants will also be offering happy hour specials and specially-crafted summer cocktails until 8pm.
Berry Patch Produce and Fruitwood Farms (seasonal produce, honey, baked goods and cut flowers) + Art of Bread
Kick off event on May 27 will include a performance by The Jazz Horses featuring Jim Stager and Kevin Hanson with special guest Alexandra Day from 5-8pm.
Regular music schedule is as follows: First Week of the month - Mia Johnson
Second and Fourth Week - The Jazz Horses
Third Week - Will Williams
**SHOPS OPEN TIL 8:00 PM**
A Man’s Image*, Amelie’s Bark Shop*, Baum’s Dancewear*, Bell’s Bike Shop*, Boutique W*, Carolyn Verdi Boutique*, Favors & Flavors, Frame Fatale*, HOME*, Ippolito's Seafood, Jeri’s Curio, Jillayne’s Boutique*, Mancuso’s Cheese Shop, Mesh Vintage, Metro Men’s Clothing*, Miss Demeanor*, Nice Things Handmade, N.R.S. Boutique*, Occasionette*, Palo Santo Wellness Boutique*, Pollyodd Fine Liqueur, RACSO Fine Arts, Sermania Jewelry*, South Philly Comics*, South Philly Community Acupuncture*, Urban Jungle*, Vanilya Bakery*, Volta Market*
* Denotes shops that will offer 5% off during the kick-off event on May 27. To receive the discount, visit the East Passyunk Crossing Civic Association (EPX) and the Passyunk Square Civic Association (PSCA) table at the Singing Fountain. The sticker will also count as your first PassyunkShops punch, which will run from Memorial Day to Labor Day and will offer shoppers a chance to win $25 gift certificates or valued prizes from participating shops all summer long.
As part of your Passeggiata, be sure to visit the recently installed Philadelphia Art Museum Inside Out temporary exhibit, featuring high quality replicas of 11 pieces from the museum located on or near East Passyunk Avenue between Wharton and Broad Streets. EPX civic and PSCA will have maps available at the Singing Fountain on May 27.
Dining and Happy Hour Highlights:
**HAPPY HOUR TIL 8:00 PM + DINING SPECIALS**
* Birra - $3 Peronis, $3 Seasonal Draft, $5 House Sangria + weekly seasonal cocktail made from locally sourced ingredients
* Brigantessa - $2 off all 16 craft draft beers including many rare Italian brews, $6 Italian draft wines + $6 Spuntini (bar snacks), $10 antipasti, $10 Margherita and Marinara pizzas
* Cantina los Caballitos - 1/2 priced Margaritas, $2 off Drafts, $2.50 Tecate
* Fond - $4-$6 draft beers, $6 select wine and cocktails + $7 appetizers, available at the bar
* Le Virtu - Half-priced antipasti + drink specials, available at the bar
* Lucky 13 - $1 off all drinks
* Palladino’s - Peroni Draft $3, Yards, Victory, Dogfish $4, House Wines By Glass $5; Well Cocktails $6 + Arancini $5, Truffled Potato Skins $5, Oysters Casino $5, Pizzata $10, Deluxe Burger $10 and Truffled Grissini $10, available in the bar and patio
* POPE - $1 off drafts
* Ray's Happy Birthday Bar - $4 Yuengling Premium & Shot of Windsor
* Stogie Joe's - $2 Rolling Rocks, $3 Margaritas, $5 Shot n Beer, $10 Bucket of Rocks
* The Bottle Shop - $1 off drafts
Noord will be helping to celebrate the kickoff with two new specials, including a Pan Roasted Quail with rainbow chard potato cake and Crisp Fried Soft Shell Crabs with a strawberry salad with Flemish-style asparagus and seasonal menu additions will also be offered at other BYOB restaurants, including Tre Scalini.
Please note that your favorite four-legged friend is welcome to join you at all East Passyunk restaurants with outside seating – as a special treat, Paradiso will even bake up some dog-friendly biscuits for your pooch!
**INSIDE OUT TEMPORARY ART EXHIBIT**
The opening Passeggiata will also be the official launch of East Passyunk's Inside Out installations along the Avenue.
The Philadelphia Museum of Art (PMA), with the support of the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, launched this initiative to bring high‐quality reproductions of art into communities throughout the city and region. East Passyunk is one of nine neighborhoods selected for the first year of this program and received 11 pieces on and near the Avenue. Brochures with a full map and list of works will be available at the Fountain on May 27th, at maker shops on the Avenue, or via download at www.visiteastpassyunk.org, www.epcrossing.org or www.passyunk.org/beautification/2015-inside-out. Works will be on display from now until August 9. Tour all the sites for a perfect way to extend your weekly Passeggiata!
As part of this program, PMA is also offering free admission from July 17-19 for South Philadelphia residents who live in the 19145, 19146, 19147 or 19148 zip codes. Visit the museum during these "Free Zip Code Days" to see the original works that are featured in our neighborhood and to rediscover one of our city's amazing cultural treasures.
About East Passyunk Avenue: Located just a few minutes from Center City Philadelphia, East Passyunk Avenue is home to over 150 independently owned businesses, ranging from unique boutiques offering hand-made wares and fashion to fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere and the world-famous “Cheesesteak Corner.” For more information and directions, visit www.visiteastpassyunk.com. For the latest menu additions, specials and happy hour deals, follow us on Facebook and Twitter at @EPassyunkAve and on Instagram at @eastpassyunk.
One great neighborhood, two strong civic associations: Neighbors of the Avenue can also learn more about how to get involved with East Passyunk Crossing Civic Association (for those who live South of Tasker) or Passyunk Square Civic Association (for those who live north of Tasker). These groups organize community building events, engage in beautification activities and neighborhood clean ups, provide community feedback on a variety of issues from zoning to new city initiatives, and hold monthly meetings to share important community information. Representatives from both these groups will be on hand during the Passyunk Passeggiata kick-off to answer questions and help community members become involved in their neighborhoods. No matter where you live we know you'll agree: East Passyunk is one great neighborhood with two strong civic associations. For more information visit www.epcrossing.org or www.passyunk.org.